22nd – A world of stories for 85th birthday party, Oxfordshire (Old Swan & Minster Mill)
Sunday 23rd 3pm–5pm National Dragon Day BOOK NOW!
Museum in the Park
Stratford Park, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 4AF
The Dragon Whisperer is back – and she’s bringing a friend!
3pm DRAGON TALES
with Agent Krisa, Keeper of Tales at DCHQ [Dragon Conservation Headquarters]. She presides over a dragon proof cellar full of books and lineage records, many of them written by dragons. Agent Krisa insists that stories must be written down, in order to survive. She specialises in drakos from Greece and Turkey. She’ll tell the “official” St George legend…
– Behind the scholarly glasses is Kirsty Hartsiotis: storyteller, writer and real life museum keeper!
4pm DRAGON TRACKING & SURVIVAL with Agent Green. A short walk through Stratford Park featuring more stories – including the alleged truth about George the dragon slayer. Plus survival techniques and practical dragon management.
Ends 5pm. All children must be supervised by a responsible adult.
Indoors if wet.
£3 child. £10 family ticket up to 5 people. UPDATE – Adults go free
Advance booking essential
Tel 01453 763394
(Next to Stratford Park Leisure Centre and parking; near Tesco)
30th – Cotswold Tales and Legends of Britain for family party, Oxfordshire (Old Swan & Minster Mill hotel)
What happened in 2016
Saturday 2nd + Sunday 3rd DRAGON & FAIRY DAYS Free Entry
Caldicot Castle, Church Rd, nr Chepstow, Wales NP26 4HU
* The world’s only living Dragon Whisperer, Agent Green from DCHQ [Dragon Conservation Headquarters] brings dragon-tastic entertainment to Monmouthshire’s little jewel of a castle. Including Dragon Tales, How to Draw your Dragon, Masterclass in the Care & Training of Dragons
4th – Cotswold Tales for Sevenhampton WI
Tuesday 5th April 7pm + 8pm Swindon Fringe Festival DOUBLE BILL
Phoenix Theatre at New College Swindon, Queens Drive SN3 1AH
* 7pm Space Opera Theatre presents The Escapists
* 8pm Chloë of the Midnight Storytellers presents Scheherazade’s Shed – a one woman riot of luscious language, giggles and unexpected endings. Literary horror, true life tales and magical realism.
Wednesday 6th – Children’s Nature Day at Sudeley Castle
Winchcombe nr Cheltenham GL54 5JD
A new storytelling persona appears this year at Sudeley Castle. Say hello to Nightshade, Wise Woman of the Woods – a bit scruffy, runs on tea, can move unseen + unheard, and tells spinetingling tales of forest and jungle, Secret Tales of Britain and much more!
12th + 13th Dragon Egg Days for Abercrombie Primary School, Chesterfield. A flying visit from Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer
21st – Dragon Tales for Rosebank Care Home, Oxfordshire
24th – Tales of Love & Chocolate for private party, South Gloucestershire
Saturday 30th 1pm–3pm Dragon Tales stories + Dragon Doodling workshop + Instant Tales improvisation!
Leamington Spa Art Gallery & Museum, The Parade (opp. Jephson Gardens) CV32 4AA
* Fantastic FREE events with Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer on a very fast flying visit.
What happened in 2015
Wednesday 1st – Lost in the Willows launch day at Sudeley Castle
Winchcombe near Cheltenham GL54 5JD
Chloë gives readings from Kenneth Grahame’s beloved classic The Wind in the Willows, as part of the launch event for the new children’s attraction Lost in the Willows.
Wednesday 8th – Children’s Nature Day at Sudeley Castle
Winchcombe nr Cheltenham GL54 5JD
Agent Green is Dragon Whisperer in Residence at Sudeley this year! Her mission now includes teaching YOU how to find and save the world’s last dragons!
– Dragon Tales plus NEW Dragon Tracking Trail
23rd – Tenbury High Ormiston Academy: Stories on the way to Shakespeare for Year 7
Monday 27th 9pm World première of Scheherazade’s Shed
Cheltenham Poetry Festival LATE NIGHT CABARET
A new contemporary story show for adults
Cheltenham Playhouse, 47-53 Bath Rd GL53 7HG
• They say every man needs a shed – but where does a storyteller go to kick off her sparkly slippers and play with new kinds of story? In a fantastic virtual boudoir, Chloë of the Midnight Storytellers experiments with modern micro fiction, a Manda Scott short story, true life tales, magical realism and once upon a future …Edgy and packed with powerful emotions. Lyrical and highly entertaining
55 minutes. Adult themes. For age 16+ only
Ticket £7 (concession £4) from www.cheltenhampoetryfest.co.uk
What happened in 2014
10th – Story Cabaret show for Vale Group WI meeting, Swindon
Easter Weekend – Dragon Tales and Dragon Egg Quest: Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer enchants young guests at The Old Swan & Minster Mill hotel, Oxfordshire
Wednesday 23rd 4pm FIRST NATIONAL DRAGON DAY
– Cotswold Lion Cafe at The Old Prison, Northleach GL54 3JH
FREE storytelling with Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer
Costume Parade – come as a knight, damsel or dragon. For age 7+
[Writing and editing]
What happened in 2013
Saturday 13th Speak Your Poem : voice + presentation skills workshop
4pm – 6pm Hotel du Vin, Parabola Rd, Cheltenham
Cheltenham Poetry Festival 2013: Chloë offers tricks of the spoken word trade to help poets be clear and confident when reading to an audience.
* This workshop is now available to book for your (poetry) festival
18th – DRAGON TALES and fun with Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer at Hopelands Pre Prep School, Stroud (Gloucs)
BARDIC BATTLE PROJECT
– Inspirational skill building project begins at Merthyr Tydfil high schools, S. Wales, with Creative Storytelling Workshops + Bardic Battle story slam (April – July)
What happened in 2012
8th The Commandery Museum, Worcester
2pm, 3pm, 3.45pm Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer presents Dragon Tales and Masterclass in the Care & Training of Dragons. Stories from around the world. Discover how to survive your first encounter with a wild dragon! Plus hot tips on stabling, feeding and What To Do If The Flame Goes Out
17th – Tales of Love & Chocolate for Spelsbury WI (Oxfordshire)
What happened in 2011
15th – ‘Electric Tales’ for Northleach Evergreens
What happened in 2010
6th – A Child’s World of Story at Lydney Library + NEW Coleford Library in the Forest of Dean (Gloucestershire). Chloë entertains ages 6 – 12 AND their grown-ups with amazing tales from around the world. With silver dancing drum + singing bowl.
7th – Tales of Love & Chocolate for Eckington WI (Worcs)
13th + 14th Leap into Books project – Laisterdyke Business & Enterprise College, Bradford
Storytelling Workshops, Performances, ‘S Factor’ student storytelling contest
20th – A Weaving of Yarns for Randwick Weavers’ Group
What happened in 2009
Saturday 4th + Sunday 5th Fantastic Tales for ‘Lands of Enchantment’ International Tolkien Art Exhibition
Moreton in Marsh (Gloucestershire)