Wednesday 3rd 3.45pm Sparkling Afternoon Tea & Tales
The Old Swan & Minster Mill Hotel
Minster Lovell, Witney OX29 0RN
Cake and fantasy for grown-ups in a new occasional series of afternoon tea performances in beautiful Cotswold countryside. (Next events 19 July, 25 October.)
– Just 20 minutes from Oxford, what could be more civilised than a sumptuous afternoon tea, a glass of fizz and live spoken word performance inspired by the Cotswolds’ and Britain’s most magical folklore.
Chloë’s repertoire runs from King Arthur to the nearby Rollright Stones; and if you’re in the mood she might drop in a UFO!
Read a romantic write-up here
£26.50 per person includes afternoon tea + show
Advance booking essential 01993 774441
Book online www.oldswanminstermill.co.uk
15th – Tales of Love & Chocolate for Maisey Hampton WI
16th – Storytelling and storymaking for Rosebank Care Home
17th – Wedding stories, Forest of Dean.
What happened in 2016
23rd – Midsummer Tales for Rosebank Care Home. Plus poems + snippets of Shakespeare.
What happened in 2015
9th – Floor spot (t b c) at Mouth & Music acoustic spoken word + music night, Kidderminster
Saturday 20th – Bampton Library Blest Fest
– Dragon Tales with gorgeously costumed Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer. For age 7+
– Cotswold Tales Thrilling yarns including Chloë’s signature piece The Legend of the Rollright Stones. Mainly for adults but also suitable for older children 11+
What happened in 2014
18th – Tales of Love & Chocolate for Stourton WI
What happened in 2013
1st – Acoustic Festival of Great Britain, Uttoxeter
Continuing project: Once Upon A Future (Bardic Battle) at 4 high schools in Merthyr Tydfil
– auditions for Bardic Battle night [my Simon Cowell moment] and rehearsals
What happened in 2012
Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer tells Dragon Tales for Severn Sailing Club summer bbq (deferred from flooded April!)
26th – Lost Legends of Britain for Rotary Club, Shipston on Stour
30th (and Sun 1 July) – Co-hosting Breakfast Show for Corinium Radio summer broadcast 87.7FM
What happened in 2011
21st – Entertainment for wedding, Hampshire
25th – Arabian Nights Tales for Eastern dance cabaret
What happened in 2010
Saturday 12 June – first Highworth Festival (Swindon, Wilts)
Electric Tales Café cabaret show
Story Cabaret with a dash of stand-up comedy. An innovative mix of traditional tales and modern stories. Plus evocative atmosphere from the amazing, invisibly controlled midi gizmo!
Sunday 13 June – Broadway Arts Festival (Worcestershire)
Outrageous Women: Harlots, Hags & Heroines Café Cabaret show
– The Festival’s theme in 2010 is the Edwardian artist John Singer Sargent, who was closely connected with Broadway. Inspired by Sargent’s sometimes provocative portraits of society ladies, Chloë devised a one-off festival show. From wise women of East and West to eyelash-flutterers around the world, these are tales of womankind in all her moods.
Tuesday 15 June – Broadway Arts Festival
A Word In Your Eye: Stories to Start Art – Experimental creativity. Chloë tells vivid stories; you are invited to interpret the images through drawing, painting, quick sketching etc
Family Storytelling to Start Art – Your mission, as a family working together, is to draw + paint the lively tales that Chloë tells.
Sat 26 June – Town Crying at annual Northleach Charter Fair (celebrated since 1227)
What happened in 2009
Sat 6th – Workshop The Craft of Reading Aloud Guildhall Arts Centre, Gloucester
Learn how to seize and keep your audience’s attention. Chloë draws on stagecraft learned at London’s Central School of Speech & Drama, further study with international storytellers and 19 years of lecturing and entertaining throughout the UK and abroad
A GLOUCESTERSHIRE WRITERS’ NETWORK event
Sat 13th Folkstone Town Centre Festival
Family storytelling A World Tour of Story 4 shows on 2 stages
Story Cabaret for Adults Tales of Lust & Chocolate my best selling show at The Chambers bar
17th – Tales of Love & Chocolate for Wychbury WI (Stourbridge)