What happened in 2020
Friday 21st 7pm-9pm Moving Stories Café
The Folk of Gloucester (formerly Folk Museum) 99-101 Westgate St
Gloucester GL1 2PG
FREE pop-up #storytelling open mic for adults
🍿 The Folk of Gloucester is a treasure trove of old tech and bygone lifestyles now with a new lease of life from Gloucester Civic Trust.
♦ Hosted by Chloë, Jane and Saffy.
🥤 You’re welcome to tell fab old #folktales, true life stories, family or world #history, #scifi and #fantasy – and of course #ghoststories!
🍷 Moving Stories Café season 1 was funded by Gloucester Culture Trust.
What happened in 2019
Friday 15th 6:45pm Starlight Tales in the Roundhouse (1 of 2)
Greystones Farm, Bourton on the Water GL54 2EN
Proper fireside storytelling with bold heroes, wildwood magic and spooky mystery from Britain and beyond.
What happened in 2018
6th – Storytelling entertainment for Churchfields Care Home, Oxfordshire
13th – Storytelling entertainment for Rosebank Care Home, Oxfordshire
20th, 24th + 25th Nightshade’s Campfire Tales
Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show NEC
In costume and character as Nightshade, Unwise Woman of the Woods, Chloë enchants all ages.
Come sit round the on-stand campfire and thrill to tales of ghostly highwaymen, magical romance and faerie powers.
What happened in 2017
Wednesday 1st Cotswold Tales FREE performance 2.30pm
Beecham Lodge, Cirencester GL7 1WR
From her acclaimed touring show, Chloë tells folktales and legends of the Cotswolds. Meet a dangerously handsome highwayman, thrill to deep magic on the hills. Celebrating UK National Storytelling Week 2017.
2nd – Rosebank Care Home, Oxfordshire.
Sunday 5th INSPIRED TALES Workshop for Adults 11am–4pm
Museum in the Park, Stroud GL5 4AF
In celebration of National Storytelling Week 2017, this one day workshop invites you to experiment with the storyteller’s craft, inspired by objects and images on display at Museum in the Park.
What happened in 2016
Thursday 4 Feb 7pm Cheltenham Poetry Festival Tales on Fire + poetry
Smokey Joe’s café, 16 Bennington St, Cheltenham GL50 4ED
* Chloë presents fabulous prose fantasies, alongside WELL VERSED open mic poetry sessions featuring local writers. Fiery imagination in celebration of Candlemas / Imbolc, light festivals and the performers’ Blessing of the Throat!
£5 on the door
6th – Harry Potter birthday party, Devon. Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer was called in to help a young muggle deal with an infestation of dragons.
What happened in 2015
Sunday 1st 3pm Tales of Lust & Chocolate
Drizzle Chocolate Black Jack St, Cirencester GL7 2AA
Romantic stories and hand made chocolate – the perfect start to February and National Storytelling Week 2015.
* Celebrating 15 years of Midnight Storytellers throughout 2015.
Sunday 8th 3.15pm-5.15pm Tales on Fire
National Storytelling Week Afternoon Tea & Tales at The Burrow café
Stories of love and light to banish the last of the winter blues!
* Celebrating National Storytelling Week in her 15th anniversary year. Spooky references and mild adult content, not suitable for young children
Saturday 21st 7.30pm A Night of Music & Stories
Guiting Power Village Hall near Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
WOLD TOUR Tinkerscuss with Chloë
Gorgeous melody and dark laughter to celebrate the nature, magic and mystery of Britain and beyond.
What happened in 2014
Thursday 20th Story Slam 8pm
Bristol Storyfest 2014 Chloë pitches in to the annual bravura storytelling battle, in Bristol Storyfest’s most popular event.
Friday 21st Tales in the Dark 8pm
Bristol Storyfest 2014 Walkabout show of horror stories and scarytales. Chloë becomes a woman in black among a team of ‘tellers in the chill of Castle Park and Cornmarket.
What happened in 2013
12th – Tales of Love & Chocolate for Walton Manor WI (Oxfordshire)
What happened in 2012
Sat 4 Feb – National Libraries Day DRAGON TALES Free family storytelling
Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer entertains with stories from her forthcoming CD and book. Celebrating libraries in our communities
What happened in 2011
National Storytelling Week 2011 – Saturday 29 January to Sat 5 Feb www.sfs.org.uk/nsw
For the 10th anniversary of NSW the storytellers of Gloucestershire visit BBC Radio Gloucestershire
• Interviews on the morning show Sat 29 Jan + Sat 5 Feb
• Coffee time story every weekday approx 11.30am (in Morning Show)
Featured storytellers were Chloë, Fiona Eadie, Josie Felce, Kirsty Hartsiotis, Diana Humphrey, Tim o’the Oak, Glenn Smith
Thursday 3 February 7.30pm ‘Tales of Lust & Chocolate’ SOLD OUT
National Storytelling Week FREE performance
Lechlade Library (Market Place, Lechlade, Gloucestershire GL7 3AB)
► Funny, romantic, feelgood stories from around the world to get you in the mood for Valentine’s Day! Chloë’s best selling show contains playful adult references; never blue – just lightly spiced!
Saturday 5th ‘READ-INs’ for National Day of Celebrating Libraries
10am – 11am Stow on the Wold 12 – 2pm Moreton-in-Marsh
FREE family storytelling sessions, from Chloë’s show ‘A Child’s World of Story’
► Organised by local library users
► Gloucestershire County Council’s proposed 43% cuts to library services will mean that half the county’s libraries face closure or drastic reductions, the Mobile library vital to our rural communities will be axed, and dedicated librarians will lose their jobs.
* I support the Friends of Gloucestershire Libraries campaign to make GCC’s plans fairer and less destructive. This Saturday I’m adding my voice to hundreds of authors and storytellers across England who’ll be telling stories and reading books aloud. www.foclibrary.wordpress.com
My storytelling blog at www.midnightstoryteller.wordpress.com/2010/12/28/cold-fury/
8 Feb – ‘Tales of Love & Chocolate’ for Southmoor WI
What happened in 2010
10th Tales of Love & Chocolate for Highworth WI (Swindon)
Saturday 27th New Brewery Arts, Cirencester
Hosted by musician + storyteller Pete Castle
* Workshop 10am-5pm – Pete leads a session on personal + family stories, and how they can be woven in among traditional tales. Chloë works on voice and vivid language. www.factsandfiction.co.uk
* Performance 7.30pm – Darling, We Should Quarrel More Often – Pete and Chloë fire up the stage with their contrasting performance styles in a show created to accompany the Art Couples exhibitions at New Brewery Arts. Stories, songs, laughter + tears from another gentle ambush in the gender wars. www.newbreweryarts.org.uk