May Bank Holiday Sunday 5th + Monday 6th
DRAGONS LIVE! at Caerphilly Castle
Castle Street, Caerphilly CF83 1JD
11am – 4pm
Agent Green the world’s only living dragon whisperer takes Dragon Tales to Wales! Repeat performances of Dragon Tales plus Masterclass in the Care & Training of Dragons. Will she survive the encounter with free Welsh dragon Flame? And what will Fuse say?!
Admission prices + all details here
11th + 12th Sudeley Castle Joust
Winchcombe nr Cheltenham GL54 5JD
– Jousting stunt shows 11:30am + 2:30pm
– Tales of Swords & Chivalry 10:45am, 1pm, 3:45pm
The Knights of Royal England compete in fast, spectacular trick riding and stunt combat.
And The Paladin makes her debut: a senior female knight who knows plenty of stories about knights (and dragons!) including King Arthur and the Round Table. She can also tell you about riding horses (and falling off them…), cleaning armour, and the laws of chivalry.
– Joust + storytelling entertainment is included in your ticket.
Child 3–15 years £7.75
Family (2 adults + 2 children 3–15 years) £45
10% discount when booked online here (at least 24 hours in advance).
19th – Rosebank May Fair: storytelling entertainment for residents and families at Rosebank Care Home, Oxfordshire.
What happened in 2018
Emergency surgery 11 May: the dragon was grounded…
What happened in 2017
2nd – Tales of Love & Chocolate for community event, Gloucestershire. Romance and sunshine
Wednesday 3rd 3pm Afternoon Tea & Tales
The Old Swan & Minster Mill Hotel OX29 0RN
Indulge in a sumptuous afternoon tea with gorgeously grown up storytelling inspired by the Cotswolds’ and Britain’s most magical folklore.
Monday 22nd 7.30pm Tales of Lust & Chocolate
Nailsworth Festival (near Stroud, Gloucestershire)
Town Hall, Old Bristol Rd, Nailsworth, Stroud GL6 0JF
Chloë’s most delicious story cabaret set pops up at lively, fun loving Nailsworth Festival. Stories range from steamy Thai romance to the secret of the world’s favourite choccy dessert. Lightly spiced but never blue, designed to delight adults. 55 minutes.
– Ticket £8 includes gourmet chocolate sample!
Tuesday 30 May 3pm Half Term Afternoon Tea & Tales
St Mary de Crypt church, Gloucester city centre GL1 1TP
FREE family storytelling performance 3pm – 4pm
Magical and mysterious storytelling from around the world for all ages (ideal for age 7+)
* Discover DeCrypt is creating a community space in the centre of Gloucester (almost opposite Tourist Information Centre and next to Café René). Work continues on the regeneration of the beautiful medieval church of St Mary de Crypt and its adjoining Tudor Schoolroom.
What happened in 2016
Friday 13th 5.30pm–9.30pm Night at your Museum
Rugby Art Gallery & Museum Little Elborow St, Rugby CV21 3BZ
* Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer adds thrilling stories to the Fantasy World stop on the route through the galleries. This is a hugely popular event, designed to delight the whole family. Bring everyone!
26th – Tales of Love & Chocolate for West Hanney Senior Citizens Club
Friday 27th 3.45pm–5pm Dragon Tales to Start Art : children’s workshop
Winchcombe Festival of Music & Arts 23–30 May 2016
at Winchcombe Abbey Primary School
* Gorgeously costumed Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer tells lively stories about dragons to inspire painting / collage etc. Recommended for age 7–12, all dragon fans are welcome!
Friday 27th 7.30pm Tales of Love & Chocolate
Winchcombe Festival of Music & Arts 23–30 May 2016
at Chandos Hall, Castle Street, Winchcombe
* A delicious assortment of lightly spiced stories, bursting with giggles and sizzling with sensuality. Funny, racy and only for adults 16+ . (Radio 4 style: naughty but never blue!) From passionate porcelain to a hot sun god, plus the Japanese strip tease that saved the world. No scripts, no books – this is live, hot off the tongue story cabaret. Definitely a feelgood show. 55 minutes
Tuesday 31 May 3pm Premiere of Afternoon Tea & Tales
St Mary de Crypt church, Gloucester GL1 1TP
* A summer of storytelling for all the family starts at St Mary de Crypt church – corner of Southgate Street and Greyfriars Street; opposite New County Hotel; next to Café René
* Discover DeCrypt is a brilliant project to regenerate the beautiful medieval church of St Mary de Crypt and the adjoining Tudor Schoolroom.
What happened in 2015
Wednesday 13th 7.30pm Lost Legends of Britain
Malvern Storytellers at Great Malvern Hotel
– Chloë is guest teller at the monthly story circle. Lyrical and thought provoking spoken word, laced with dark laughter. Traditional tales with fresh twists.
Intended for adults, unsuitable for children under 12
Ticket £7.50 (concession £4) www.malvernstorytellers.co.uk
16th – Naughty but nice stories for 60th birthday, Devon
19th – Dragon Tales for Cirencester Scout troop, to cheer them up after their hut was vandalised
What happened in 2014
Sunday 25th SUDELEY CASTLE Biggest Ever Family Fun Day
10am-4pm Winchcombe near Cheltenham GL54 5JD
Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer tells Dragon Tales for age 7+ and fantasy fans of all ages
Wednesday 28th Half Term Family Fun Afternoon 12noon-4pm
The Old Prison, Northleach, Gloucestershire GL54 3JH
‘Crime & Punishment’ theme FREE ENTRY
Despicable Yarns for age 7+ from Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer
– Free storytelling 12.30, 1.30pm, 2.30pm
Saturday 31 May NIGHT OF MUSIC & STORIES Northleach 7.30pm
Cotswold Lion Cafe, The Old Prison, Northleach, GL54 3JH
– Thrilling anglo celtic folk music from acclaimed duo Tinkerscuss (sisters Erin and Bryony Holden) in new collaboration with Chloë of the Midnight Storytellers. FUNDRAISER FOR OLD PRISON APPEAL. Tinkerscuss and Chloe donate their work tonight
What happened in 2013
Once Upon A Future (Bardic Battle) project continues in Merthyr Tydfil high schools
Saturday 11th – The Middle-earth Weekend, Sarehole Mill in the Shire Country Park
Hall Green, Birmingham B13 0BD
11.45am Agent Green’s MASTERCLASS IN THE CARE & TRAINING OF DRAGONS (for age 9+ and adults)
2.30pm DRAGON TALES (for age 7+ but not boring for adults!)
What happened in 2012
21st – Floor spot at Edesia Cafe, Worcester
What happened in 2011
Sunday 29 May – Hardwick Hall NT
‘ANIMAL MAGIC’ 11am – 4pm
► 12noon, 1.30pm, 3.15pm ‘Breathing Fire, Flying High’
Mysterious ‘Agent Green’ tells myths and legends about dragons from around the world.
► 12.45, 2.30pm ‘How To Catch & Keep Dragons’
Dragon expert ‘Agent Green’ reveals how to survive first contact with a wild dragon, and important info such as What To Do If The Flame Goes Out. If you ever longed to be a student witch or wizard at Hogwarts, this is the class for you!
Hardwick Hall NT (between Mansfield and Chesterfield, Derbyshire) found Hollywood fame as Malfoy Manor in ‘Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows’.
What happened in 2010
Sun 2nd Cheltenham Jazz Festival 10pm ‘Late Night Storytelling‘ * SOLD OUT *
Romance + spookiness as genuine verbal jazz in the Barclays Secret Garden (Town Hall)
6th – Chipping Campden Literature Festival – StoryFeast2 for Chipping Campden School
Saturday 8th – Chipping Campden Literature Festival ‘A Child’s World of Story’
Family show for age 8+. With crafty cats, greedy crocs + a mosquito with a plan for world domination!
22nd – West Country tales for international family gathering (Gloucestershire)
Sunday 30th – JWR Collective at Cheltenham Playhouse
‘An Evening of Jazz’ – Chloë performs her verbal jazz alongside the musical kind.
What Happened in 2009
Thursday 14th – Cirencester Library 7.30pm
A Spring in your Tale Storytelling meets stand-up! One to make your sap rise…
Friday 22nd – Barnstaple Library 2.30pm
A Child’s World of Story Children aged 7 – 11 and their adults can enjoy characters and adventures from around the world.
Friday 22nd – Barnstaple Library 8pm
Tales of Lust & Chocolate adult story cabaret
The best selling show comes to Devon! Chloë struts her stuff in posh frock and poetic language, entertaining with melt-in-the-mouth tales from around the world. Age 16+ only
Sunday 24th + Spring Bank Holiday Monday 25th
Abbey House Gardens, Malmesbury BIRD WEEKEND (Wiltshire)
Tales on the Wing family storytelling
High flying adventures for ages 7+ with adults, in the luscious gardens created by Ian and Barbara Pollard the ‘Naked Gardeners’.
Wednesday 27th – NATIONAL STORYTELLING DAY
Quedgeley Library (Gloucester) A Child’s World of Story
28th Tuffley Library (near Gloucester) A Child’s World of Story
29th – Tall Ships sail-down the Severn from Sharpness to Gloucester Docks. Chloë sails on the Phoenix to perform Tales to Float Your Boat and Country Tales from the Cotswolds
Saturday 30th + Sunday 31st – Wychwood Festival (Cheltenham, Gloucs)
* Saturday 11.15am – Family workshop – A Word in your Eye: Stories to Start Art: for ages 6-9 with adults, drawing + painting together as Chloë tells vivid + exciting stories from around the world.
* Saturday MIDNIGHT – adult cabaret in the Café – Strange Tales from the Woman In Black: Chloë unearths some of her most spinetingling stories, from gothic erotic to real life
* Sunday 1.45 and 4.15pm – Family workshop – Danger! Here Be Dragons: extraordinary training in Dragon Tracking, First Contact, Veterinary Care + Flight Training from Agent Green the world’s only living Dragon Whisperer, complete with dragon-proof cloak + shades.